Thursday 1 October 2015

Just Treats

It's been awhile since my last entry on my blog, more than a month!  Where did I go?!

Well, let's just say that I got a little lazy with my blog and all the activities were at my Instagram account.  Somehow posting at Instagram is a lot easier, faster and fuss free!

Ok let's get to the point!

Today I'm sharing with you a Halloween card I made :)  And here it is!



Hallo Bean from The Greeting Farm is way too fun to colour!  She's just so cute and with the little kitty that comes with the digital image, who can say no?!

We don't usually celebrate Halloween in Singapore.  Well, maybe for the younger peeps they do (I'm in my forties!) and I don't usually make Halloween cards.  But then Hallo Bean is way too cute and I just had to make a card with her!

As Hallo Bean is a digital image, I printed it out with my Epson printer and then have her cut out nicely with my Silhouette Cameo.  With the Silhouette Cameo it's really a breeze cutting the digital images.  No more fussy cutting!  Yay!

Because I've never made any Halloween cards, I went on to Pinterest and Instagram to check out some handmade Halloween cards to get some inspirations.  It seems the standard colours are black, grey, orange and purple.  They are not my favourite colours but then it's Halloween!  So let's play along!

Coincidentally, right after I completed my card I found out that colour combos for The Greeting Farm's Farm Fresh Challenge for October are (drum roll please!) :

Black, Orange and Purple! 

Hey!  My first Halloween card qualifies for it!  

Here is a close up look of the card.  Hallo Bean is such a sweetie and so I chose and cut out the phrase "No Tricks Just Treats" from the Silhouette design studio to go along with the card.  Just the way how I feel about Hallo Bean as she's all nice and sweet, no funny tricks up her sleeves!



I didn't want to use too dark colours on her as I want her to look fresh and nice so I stay on the safe side and used mostly the lighter tones.

And then to spice things up a little, I die cut a border from Bo Bunny elegant border die with some purple card stock and added it onto the card.

I hope you like my first Halloween Card!  Thanks for coming by!  Let's hope I won't get lazy again and my next blog entry will be just a few days away ;)

1 comment:

  1. great card Sally :) Love this little digi bean. thanks for playing with us at TGF- Holly TGF DT

    ReplyDelete