Friday 27 May 2016

Wish You Were Here

Yay!  It's Friday! 
 
Are you looking forward to the weekend?  I am!  It's going to be a very busy one for me as it's the beginning of the mid year school holiday for my 10 year old, there will be the usual enrichment lessons and I have to try to organise play dates and other activities to keep him busy!
 
Today, I'll be sharing another card I made using the new Garden Blooms collection from Purple Onion Designs by Stacey Yacula.  To show the versatility of the collection, I used some of the new stamps with one of my favourite from the existing stamps that I have.

And here it is.

 
Wish You Were Here!
 
What I loved about the Garden Blooms collection is that there are many background stamps that allows you to create different themes and different scenarios for the cards.
 
For this card, I stamped the images with Ranger Archival ink pad with the colour Jet Black on Strathmore Watercolour paper and coloured the images with my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers. For the soft colours for the background, I diluted my watercolours with quite a bit water and delicately I brush it across to give it a light tint of colours.
 
I always feel that a card is never complete without adding some sentiments to it.  And with the sentiment "Wish You Were Here" from Sweet Summer sentiment set just makes it perfect.  Chloe misses her friends while enjoying the summer breeze in the garden and she's keeping the flower in her hand just for her favourite pal!
 


I hope you like the card that I've shared today.  The whole Garden Blooms collection will be available for a discounted price of USD90.00 till 30 May so remember to head over to Purple Onion Designs and take a look.
 
That's all for now.  Wishing all a great weekend!  Happy colouring!

No comments:

Post a Comment